Birth Records

Copies of birth certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office in the Town of Occurrence and in the Residence Town of the mother at the time of the birth.

Birth records less than 100 years old are confidential. Connecticut General Statutes Sections 7-51 and 7-51a allows access to birth records only to the individual (if over 18 years old); parent; grandparent; legal guardian; spouse; children (if child is 18 or older); grandchild (if grandchild is 18 or older); attorneys and title examiners representing the person or such person's parents, guardian, child or surviving spouse; persons authorized by court order; and agents of a state or federal agency as approved by the Department of Public Health. Proof of the familial relationship is required.

To Obtain a Copy of a Birth Certificate

  • Complete form. Request for a Certified Copy of a Birth Record.
  • Include a copy of your current driver’s license or other photo ID.
  • If a photo ID is not available, originals or photocopies of two of the following documents may be used: Social Security card, written verification of ID from employer (on letterhead), automobile registration, copy of a utility bill showing name/address, checking account deposit slip stating name/address and voting card.
  • The fee is $20.00 per certified (raised seal) copy for a full size or $15.00 for a wallet size copy.
  • Requests for certified copies may be made in person at the Town Clerk's office or mailed to: Burlington Town Clerk, 200 Spielman Highway, Burlington, CT 06013.

To Obtain a Copy of a Adopted Birth Certificate

  • Complete form.  Request for an uncertified copy of the Birth Certficate by Adult Adopted Person.
  • Include a copy of your current driver's license or other photo ID.
  • If you are the adopted person's adutl child or grandchild, send documentaion verifying relationship to registrant.
  • Send court order if applicable.
  • Send money order or check in the amount of $65.00 made payable to the Town of Burlington.  Do not send cash.
  • Mail request and payment to: Burlington Town Clerk, 200 Speilman Highway, Burlington, CT 06013.

CT DPH website: