The latest COVID-19 public health statistics for residents of Burlington show that the numbers have slowed over the past week, and there was a 3-day period were there was no change in all categories. The current numbers are:
- Tested Positive -19
- Fatalities - 2
- Recovered – 9
Social Distancing efforts ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. Keep it up!! We are all in this together.
All services remain intact and responders are taking additional precautions to protect you and themselves. The Town has received needed PPE supplies through vendor purchases, citizen and company donations and through the State distribution system. While the quantities received are minimal every piece counts. Our current supply is adequate for the moment and is closely monitored.
- The Recycling Center remains open, hours of operation are Wednesdays & Saturdays from 8am to 4pm.
- Bulk Pickup occurs on Fridays, you MUST call USA Hauling customer service at phone 860-379-1662 to arrange pick up from your home.
- Swap Shack at The Recycling Center is CLOSED until further notice.
- The Pink Bag clothing/textile recycling program has been suspended by the outside operating company, Simple Recycling.
- Regional Food Share services continues with the next set of dates being May 5th and 19th at the Burlington Town Hall.
If you see a black bear:
- Observe it from a distance.
- Advertise your presence by shouting and waving your arms or walk slowly away.
- Never attempt to feed or attract bears.
- Report bear sightings to the DEEP Wildlife Division (or call 860-424-3011).
We understand that the Stay at Home and Social Distancing guidelines have been challenging and change how we do many things including celebrating birthdays. To support our community that has always supported the Fire department, during the “Stay at Home” order we will provide a Birthday “drive by” or join your birthday parade with a fire truck. To arrange this, please contact Administrative Assistant Tanna Romero at 860-675-2183 x or email [email protected]
A complete list of COVID-19 Information and public health links can be found on the town website https://www.burlingtonct.us/ . Any citizen in need of services that are not addressed on the town website, please contact the First Selectman Ted Shafer at 860-673-6789 x1 for assistance.
Please continue to support each other and the town’s businesses.
Michael Boucher Ted Shafer
Public Information Officer First Selectman